Kathy Cahill has been a Registered Nurse since 1988. She completed her training at Goulburn Valley Health in Shepparton. After travelling overseas for most of 1988, she returned to Shepparton and recommenced employment at Goulburn Valley Health. She completed the Critical Care Course and rotated between the Emergency Department and Intensive Care unit. She worked as an Associate Charge Nurse in the Intensive Care unit for 10 years.
In 2001 she took up the position of Respiratory Nurse and Sleep Technician at Dr. Mark Harris’ rooms in Nixon Street, Shepparton. Here the tasks were varied including pulmonary function testing, domiciliary oxygen assessments, sleep studies and CPAP trials. Client education, especially relating to chronic illness, was a significant part of this role.
Kathy commenced working with Shepparton Women’s Health Centre as a Practice Nurse on 12th February, 2020 on a part time basis. Some of her duties include:
• Initiating and reviewing care plans.
• Triage, client assessment and care planning.
• Clinical patient care, e.g. wound care.
• Explain procedures to patients, providing them with support and reassurance.
• Assist doctors with procedures as required.
• Health education and health promotion.
To make an appointment with Kathy for any of the above services, please call 03 58213555.