Dr Monika Trivedi
MBBS, MS (Obst & Gynae), MRCOG, FRANZCOG, Grad Cert in Clinical Research
Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
Dr Trivedi is a specialist Obstetrics & Gynaecologist working part time at GV Health Public Hospital and private practice at Shepparton Women’s Health Centre. She underwent early medical and specialist training in Obstetrics & Gynaecology at a premier institute in India. She got exposure to Urogynaecology & Colposcopy in England, where she completed her MRCOG. She started practising in Australia and was awarded Fellowship of Royal Australian and New Zealand college of Obstetrics & Gynaecology in 2017.
Dr Trivedi is a generalist Obstetrics & Gynaecologist who runs OBGYN clinics and consults patients with a wide range of gynaecological problems, management of menstrual disorders, fertility related issues and high risk pregnancies to name a few. She prides herself in thorough investigation and evidence-based management. She offers complete care for women of all ages.
As a part of ongoing commitment to medical education, she is involved in teaching medical students. She was an Assistant Professor (Obst & gynae) in India and presently honorary lecturer with Melbourne University.
She is approachable and very easy to talk to; which helps her develop a connection with her patients. Apart from English, she is fluent in Hindi and this helps in providing care to diverse ethnic groups finding easy to communicate.
Special interests are:
• Pelvic floor surgery
• Colposcopy & contraception
• Vulvovaginal dermatological conditions
Procedures performed include:
• prolapse surgery and repair
• laparoscopy, diagnostic and treatment of endometriosis
• laparoscopy removal of ovarian cysts, oophorectomy, ectopic pregnancy
• treatment of cervical abnormalities, including LLETZ and cone biopsy
• endometrial ablation
• insertion/removal of Mirena IUD
• removal of genital warts with diathermy
In her private clinic at the Shepparton Women’s Health Centre, she covers all gynaecological problems as well as minor procedures such as:
• colposcopy/vulvoscopy and biopsy
• insertion/removal of Mirena and Copper IUD
• taking of PAP smears
• removal of polyps
• endometrial sampling
• pessary treatment for prolapse
• ultrasound scanning
Please note that a referral from your GP is required in order to arrange an appointment with Dr Monika Trivedi.