Dr Malanie Gajanayaka
MBBS, Dip. O&G, FRANZCOG
Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
Dr Malanie Gajanayaka obtained her MBBS degree in Sri Lanka and migrated to New Zealand in 1997 where she practiced Obstetrics & Gynaecology in Capital Coast Health in Wellington. Dr Gajanayaka immigrated to Australia in 2009 and obtained the Fellowship in Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (FRANZCOG).
Dr Gajanayaka has extensive experience in all areas of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. She is very knowledgeable in women’s rights and health needs and passionate about rural and indigenous women and their obstetric and gynaecological needs.
She has extensive experience in managing high risk obstetric patients and is an experienced Colposcopist. Dr Gajanayaka is experienced in managing menopause, vulvo vaginal dermatological conditions.
She is a member of the Australian Society for Colposcopy & Cervical Pathology, Australasian Menopause Society and The Australian and New Zealand Vulvovaginal Society.
As well as consulting privately at Shepparton Women’s Health Centre, Dr Gajanayaka also works in the public sector at Goulburn Valley Health. She has also previously worked in Bendigo and Wangaratta.
Special interests are:
• Pelvic floor surgery
• Colposcopy & contraception
• Vulvovaginal dermatological conditions
Procedures performed include:
• prolapse surgery and repair
• laparoscopy, diagnostic and treatment of endometriosis
• advanced laparoscopy, ovarian cysts, oophorectomy, ectopic pregnancy
• laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy
• treatment of cervical abnormalities, including LLETZ and cone biopsy
• endometrial ablation
• insertion/removal of Mirena IUD
• removal of genital warts / moles with diathermy
In her private clinic at the Shepparton Women’s Health Centre, she covers all gynaecological problems as well as minor procedures such as:
• colposcopy/vulvoscopy and biopsy
• insertion/removal of Mirena and Copper IUD
• taking of PAP smears
• removal of polyps
• endometrial sampling
• pessary treatment for prolapse
• ultrasound scanning
Please note that a referral from your GP is required in order to arrange an appointment with Dr Malanie Gajanayaka.