Connie Fairmaid has been a Registered Nurse since 1977. She started her training at the former Mooroopna & District Base Hospital where she graduated as a Registered Nurse. She has since been employed at numerous hospitals, including in Mooroopna, Preston, Northcote, Shepparton, Footscray, Greensborough and the Royal Women’s Hospital.
She has been working as a Practice Nurse in the Goulburn Valley region since 2002. During this time, she has built a rapport with many local providers and services, and has gained extensive clinical skills in the general practice setting. These skills include:
• Women’s Health – Cervical Screening Provider
• Diabetes Nurse educator / Resource Nurse
• Accredited Nurse Immuniser Provider
• Chronic Disease Management with GP Management Plans and Team Care Arrangements
• INR monitoring
• Travel clinic vaccinations
• Asthma education
• Wound care
• Health assessments for over 75 years
• Health assessments for 45-49 years
• Comprehensive medical assessments
• Assisting with and supporting patients having minor procedures
• Supporting patients with self-management and ongoing support
To make an appointment with Connie for any of the above services, please call 03 58213555.