Casey Smithers has been a Nurse since 2011. She started her career as an Enrolled Nurse working in general practice within our local community and graduated as a Registered Nurse in 2018 through LaTrobe University. She has since been employed at the Shepparton Private Hospital and is now also working at Murchison Medical Clinic as a Practice Nurse.
Casey has spent most of her nursing career in community nursing, where she has built a wonderful rapport with many local providers and services and has gained extensive clinical skills in the general practice setting. These skills include:
• Vaccinations and immunisations
• Chronic Disease Management with GP Management Plans and Team Care Arrangements
• INR monitoring
• Diabetes education and ongoing management
• Asthma education
• Wound care
• Health assessments for over 75 years
• Health assessments for 45-49 years
• Comprehensive medical assessments
• Assisting with and supporting patients having minor procedures
• Supporting patients with self-management and ongoing support
To make an appointment with Casey for any of the above services, please call 03 58213555.